Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Feeling Melancholy

  I look around me at all that I am blessed with......family, home, friends, gospel, and on and on.....and yet...I wonder why I am feeling a little melancholy?  Earlier, I read Deborah's blog on the seasons of our lives.  Is that what this is?  Another season in my life?  I think about what I am doing and.......I don't know......maybe I am just tired!
Currently I am spending 14 to 18 hours a day (sometimes longer) every day except Sunday and Wednesday working with Bob on his business.  I used to spend a lot of time on my own business.....but Bob needed my help.  Sometimes I wonder if that is part of the reason I am feeling the way I am......I am not spending a lot of time helping other people with preparedness the way I used to. Don't get me wrong....I still get to help people, it just isn't all day every day right now.  
Wednesdays are the highlight of my week because I get to spend them with Colton and Vaughn.  They are so adorable....so sweet.....and they love unconditionally.  I absolutely CRAVE spending time with my grandchildren!  I find myself thinking about each one of them so often!  I wish I could see ALL of them ALL the time! It is so much fun to Skype when they have time.  And when they don't.....well....thank goodness for blogs!  I am so grateful that my children are having the incredible experience of raising them.  AND....that they are taking the time to enjoy them.  I remember how often I felt overwhelmed with raising four little boys.  I LOVED it.....but it was often overwhelming.....especially when I had to work so much.  I look at all my sweet daughter-in-laws, who are all working mothers, and I feel for them.  I know they would all love to spend their time being at home with their darling little ones full-time.  Hopefully there will come a time soon when that will become a reality.  But in the meantime.....they are working at making wonderful memories.  They are awesome women.  I look at my boys and am so proud of each of them.  I am pleasantly surprised at how they have taken to being Daddies.  I love to watch them interact with their children.  It is obvious that these darling little ones KNOW they are loved.  My heart often feels like it is going to burst with love as I think of what I have been blessed with, in the way of sons, daughters-in-law, and grandchildren.
I guess there really is no reason to feel melancholy.  I am blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment