Saturday, September 28, 2013

A Day At Grandma's House

Today was a special treat for me.  Today I got to have 3 of my 7 darling grandchildren here.  Holly needed to do homework and Angelica had a meeting.  That meant that I got to spend some extra time with Elizabeth, Robert and Vaughn.

Vaughn arrived first.  We had breakfast together.  I finished my eggs and he had Apple Jacks (a definite favorite of his!)  We laughed and sang songs while he ate.  We sang "I Love You and You Love Me....", "Once There Was A Snowman", "Ten Little Indians" and "Popcorn Popping".  He joined in with various words and lots of hand motions to the songs. I have always enjoyed singing to the grandchildren while I am sitting with them as they eat.

After breakfast Vaughn and I went downstairs to play with balls and the bowling tetherball.  He wanted me to count before he would knock the pins down.  So cute!

Elizabeth and Robert soon arrived and we played and played and played downstairs.  We played a LOT of games of Hide N Seek.  Elizabeth was a really good hider.  Little Robert would get Vaughn to hide with him and then they would both squeal with laughter as soon as I would start looking.  They would then start looking for Elizabeth.  Little Vaughn would walk around with his hands up (questioning where could she be).  As soon as we would find her, they would scream and run back to the family room.  And Elizabeth could hardly keep her giggles contained while we were trying to find her! So much fun!


We played with various toys, then headed back upstairs just as Angelica came to pick up Vaughn.  It was so sad to have him go.

Elizabeth and Robert ate lunch, then washed their hands, put on aprons, and we set to work making cupcakes.  They helped break the eggs, put in the water and oil, and mix it.  They both licked the beaters and the bowl, then went downstairs to watch a movie while the cupcakes were cooking and cooling.

 

We had to take a quick trip to Ace Hardware to pick up Paint Thinner for Grandpa.  While we were there we got to have our own bags of FREE POPCORN!  Hurray for free popcorn!

By the time we got home, the cupcakes were cool enough to frost and decorate.  I spread the frosting and Elizabeth decorated them with sprinkles of all colors.  They then enjoyed eating one.

They were ready for Holly to come, so we cleaned up, and enjoyed reading some books and playing phone games while we waited.

All in all.....it was a wonderful time with these sweet children.  I am so blessed.  


No comments:

Post a Comment