Monday, September 24, 2012

Wonderful Weekend


Saturday, Bob and I decided to drive to Midway for dinner.  The colors were GORGEOUS!!!  I was so busy enjoying the scenery, I forgot to take pictures!  I did get one that showed some of the maples turning red.








We headed to the Homestead to see about eating at Fanny's Grill.  When we pulled into the parking lot we noticed a LOT of St. Bernard dogs.  Apparently they were having a big St. Bernard Show/Competition starting Sunday.  They were beautiful!  I don't think I've ever seen a St. Bernard up close.  The guy who was blow drying the dog was doing it for a good two hours on the same dog!  The gentle giant next to me is Walter.  He was very sweet.


 

Fanny's Grill was closed so we ate at Simon's Restaurant (still at Homestead).  We enjoyed the fireplace while we waited to be seated at our table.  The food was good, however the service was a little slow.  We LOVED the Cinnamon Roll Bread Pudding for dessert.  It was sooooooo good!






When we left the Homestead we headed back over the top and went to Pleasant Grove to go to the movies.  We saw The Avengers and really enjoyed it!  We got out of the movie at 11:55 p.m. and headed home to bed!

Sunday, Bob took his mom up the canyon to enjoy the colors.  We then attended the 12:00 noon session of the Brigham City Temple Dedication.  It was wonderful!  I, once again, got choked up while doing the Hosanna Shout.  I couldn't help but think of all the times it has been done in the past.  I wondered if the people here in America had done it when the Savior showed himself on this continent......and would I be doing it again at the Savior's Second Coming.  It was a sweet experience.  It made me really want to be a better Latter-day Saint.

After dinner Bob and I drove to Salt Lake City to visit his old Mission President, L.Brent Goates.  It was a sweet reunion for the two of them.  President Goates is the son-in-law of President Harold B. Lee and is now 90 years old.  He had a large portrait of President Lee hanging in his home.  We spent close to two hours visiting with him.  He told us that when Bob told him about me, he thought of President & Sister Lee.  They had met on their mission and had a sweet relationship.  He said he felt it could be the same with us, which was why he gave permission for Bob to write to me.  He was happy to see the result.

 

When we left President Goate's home, we drove to Farmington to visit Bill, Valeria and their family.  Chiara's birthday was on Saturday and we had a card for her.  We enjoyed seeing their home and visiting with the family. 


All in all.....it was a wonderful weekend!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment